Recipe for 4 people
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Easy peasy lemon squeeze! Super healthy, minimum effort and biggest explosion of flavors. The Tagine steam cooks, keeping and preserving all the juices and flavors of the ingredients used. No matter if you are making meat, veggies, or fish, with savory or sweet touches. We love this super easy to make recipe that you’ll find below but you can use your imagination when it comes to ingredients!
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
- 1 chopped onion
- 3-4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1-2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3-4 tbsp EVOO
- 3-4 medium carrots
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 800 gr of cooked chickpeas
tsp = teaspoon. tbsp = tablespoon
- Start by heating the tagine at medium-low heat.
- While it heats up, we start peeling and cutting the garlic, onion, and the rest of the chosen vegetables.
- Once the tagine is hot, we add a bit of olive oil and wait for 1 more minute until the olive oil heats up.
- Add the species (turmeric, cumin seeds, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper) and toast them during 1 to 2 minutes until brownish.
- We then add the chopped onion and garlic. We cook it until it starts to soften while constantly stirring it to combine all the flavors.
- We can now add the rest of the vegetables. We cook it during 2-3 more minutes and then add a little bit of water or broth. Just enough without covering all the vegetables. We cover and let it slowly cook during 15-20 minutes.
- After this time, we add the chickpeas and a bit more of water if necessary. Cover again and let it cook for 10 more minutes until everything is well done and all the flavors combined.
- Season with salt and sprinkle with some chopped fresh coriander.