Recipe for 5 people.
Cooking time: 75 minutes
Cannelloni… what’s not to like! We do love good traditional cannelloni, but we also love trying new things and flavors. This recipe tastes amazing and is light and balanced. The bechamel made with oatmilk gives it a bit of a sweet touch that together with the chicken and salty filling will make you want more!
For this recipe we recommend using the Kuoko Tray. It works wonderfully and because its walls are not too high, you can also serve it easily without breaking them apart.
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
For 20 cannelloni
- 20 cannelloni plates
- 4 or 5 cloves of garlic
- 300 gr of chicken breast
- 300 gr of fresh spinach
- 150 gr of grated cheese
- Salt, pepper and olive oil.
FOR THE BECHAMEL
- 3/4 of a liter of oat milk
- 40 gr of oatmeal (2 tablespoons)
- 30 gr of butter
- Salt, black pepper and ground nutmeg
- We start by chopping the garlic and put it in the large ceramic saucepan, previously heated, with a little bit of olive oil.
- As soon as they begin to brown, add and cook the chopped chicken breasts with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach and stir for 2 minutes. Cover the casserole to retain the heat, turn off the stove, and we let it rest for around 4 minutes while the spinach softens. The ceramic material will easily retain the heat without having to keep the heat on.
- While we wait for that to cool down before blending it. We start making the bechamel sauce.
- To prepare the bechamel, we heat up a small or medium casserole.
- We add the butter, let it melt, and add the flour little by little until it turns golden and starts forming a paste.
- Once everything is properly mixed, we take a whisk and without stopping stirring we will gradually add the oat milk. It is very important that the milk is added gradually and not all at once, adding new milk everytime the one already poured has already evaporated, as well as at room temperature or slightly hot, to avoid changes in temperature.
- Once you have added all the milk, taste it and add some salt and a bit of nutmeg. You can add a little more milk if it seems too thick and strain it in case of lumps.
- Once the bechamel is cooked, we put the paste already cooked and blended in a bowl. We add 2 or 3 tablespoons of bechamel (to make the cannelloni lighter) and we stir to mix it alltogether.
- Boil or soak in water the cannelloni pasta according to the manufacturer’s recommended instructions.
- We fill the plates with the dough, roll them up and place them one by one on to the Kuoko oven tray previously greased with a little bit of butter.
- We cover the cannelloni with the rest of the bechamel sauce, sprinkle the grated cheese on top and ready to go into the oven to gratin.
- We will put it into the oven previously heated up at 180ºC to gratin the cheese during around 15 minutes or until the cheese melts and changes color to gold/light brown.
- We let it rest for a few minutes before we serve, and it is ready!