INGREDIENTS (for 2 people)
- 200g rice for risotto
- 30g dried pumpkin mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 glass of white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 40g parmesan
- 300ml of water
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 small carrot*
- Salt and pepper to taste
* The carrot can be replaced by 40g of frozen peas
- Submerge the dried pumpkin mushrooms in boiling water for as long as the mushroom packet says.
- Heat a Kuoko cocotte over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of EVOO. Once the oil is hot, add the teaspoon of rosemary and dried thyme and let it aromatize for about 2 minutes.
- Cut the onion and garlic into small squares and add them to the cocotte with a pinch of salt. Lower the heat to a minimum, cover the cocotte and let cook for about 5-10 minutes until the onion is tender.
- Cut the celery stick and the carrot into small squares and add them to the cocotte together with the soaked dry mushrooms (keeping their water in a separate container) and the rice. Turn up the heat to medium and mix all the ingredients.
- Add the glass of white wine and stir until it evaporates.
- Add 300ml of water from the dried mushrooms (filtered) and let cook for about 25-30 minutes until the rice is ready. The amount of water to use and the time will depend on the rice used. If necessary, the mushroom water could be mixed with vegetable broth.
- Add the Parmesan and mix all the flavors well.
- To serve, add pepper to taste and chopped parsley