Recipe for 4 people
Cooking time: 55 minutes
This tasty recipe is great when you have guests home and no time. It’s very easy and requires little time!
As long as you have milk, cream or quark cheese, and eggs home, the rest of the ingredients can vary at your own will.
Have you ever tried using quark instead of cream when making a quiche? Quark is a soft cheese, popular in Germany, that makes your quiche lighter, spongy, creamy, and packed with proteins! Try it out and let us know.
Kuoko’s ceramic cake pan wroks wonders when it comes to perfectly cooking your quiche. Enjoy them with yours!
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
- 1 sheet of shortcrust pastry (∼Ø33cm)
- 400ml cream / 450g Quark
- 500g fresh spinach
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 80g grated Gruyère cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of water
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Line the Kuoko cake mold with the shortcrust pastry sheet and prick the bottom of the pastry several times with a fork.
- Bake the dough for about 10 minutes at 180ºC.
- Heat a Kuoko saucepan with the 4 tablespoons of water (if possible, the large one, Ø29cm, to give more space to the spinach). When the water starts to bubble, lower the heat, add the spinach, cover the Kuoko pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until the spinach is tender. Remove them from the heat and strain them.
- In a Kuoko ceramic bowl (Ø23 or Ø26cm) beat the 4 eggs, add the liquid cream or the quark. Mix well, add the grated Gruyère and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the drained spinach over the bottom of the quiche. On this base, add the mixture of the eggs with the cream or quark and the grated Gruyère.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in halves and add them on top of the quiche.
- Bake the quiche for about 35-40 minutes at 180ºC until the surface turns a golden color or is fully cooked. To know if it is cooked, insert a toothpick or knife and see if it comes out clean.